The Management & Staff of Academy Plaza Hotel Dublin are thrilled at the opportunity of reopening our doors again and to welcome our guests, both old and new. The impact of this challenging time has not deterred us from proudly re-opening our property and welcoming you to Dublin City Centre in a safe and relaxing environment. During our downtime we were actively engaging with the most current, up to date guidelines and recommendations set down by The Government, H.S.E. (Health Service Executive) and the W.H.O. (World Health Organisation). Furthermore, we employed an external Health & Safety Partner to provide us with a comprehensive & balanced COVID-19 risk management plan, which puts the safety of our guests and our team, first.
While we have always invested huge efforts and resources into maintaining high standards of cleanliness and professionalism, these extra measured policies can provide all our customers with an even greater sense of confidence in our product. Following on from this, we have been accredited with the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter. This means that Fáilte Ireland has recognised that Academy Plaza Hotel has met all service & adaption specifications outlined by their specific guidelines for hotels. This is an extra layer of reassurance for our customers and is a strong indication of our commitment to ensuring the safest possible backdrop for your stay or event.
How are we managing risk during Covid-19?
We have been proactive in our preparations for re-opening. We have carried out the following key tasks relating to Covid-19
- On Site Covid-19 Risk Assessment by Sea Change, an expert health and safety company to identify key controls to mitigate against this biological hazard.
- Risk Assessment and Corrective Action Report being acted upon by management to ensure key controls are in place to support infection prevention.
- Covid-19 H&S Policy outlining all key procedures and policies required and the sign-off of all staff on these new working procedures as outlined in government and agency protocols including a Rapid Response procedure in the case of a suspected case on site e.g. Employee or Guest.
- Covid-19 required templates, as guided by the Government of Ireland's Returning to Work Safely Protocol - e.g Return to Work Declaration, Contractor / Visitor Declaration forms etc.
- Key management training on delivery of all Covid-19 documents and training.
- Covid-19 Safety Champion Training (Lead Work Representative).
We still, however, need your help and we ask that you please follow the below (at a minimum).
- Please adhere to social distance guidelines and follow the guidelines on hygiene.
- Our public areas have many sanitisation stations. Please make use of these stations to ensure you are playing your part.
- Masks are available and we encourage you to wear one.
- Should you feel any symptoms of Covid-19 please notify us.
Thank you for reading and we appreciate your consideration on all aforementioned matters.
We are delighted to finally welcome our regular and new customers back to the heart of Dublin City Centre!
Academy Plaza Hotel Management